Statement of Faith
I believe that:
- There is one God who eternally exists in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:2; Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; John 1:1; John 16:13; John 20:28; Acts 5:3,4; Colossians 2:9).
- The Bible (Old and New Testaments) is the written Word of God and the final authority on all matters of faith and conduct (2 Timothy 3:16).
- God created all people in his own image, and made the male and female. We have all been corrupted by sin, which results in God’s wrath and judgement (Genesis 1:2; Romans 3:23; John 3:36).
- God’s Son, Jesus Christ, became a human being and was born of the virgin Mary. He is fully God and fully human. He committed no sin, yet on the cross he died in our place and paid the penalty for our sins so that we could be forgiven and reconciled to God. He rose from the dead on the third day. He returned to heaven and sits at the right hand of God as Lord of all (John 1:1,14; Romans 5:8; 1 Corinthians 15:4; Hebrews 4:15; 1 Timothy 3:16; .
- Salvation is by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8).
- God requires all people to repent of their sins, to believe in his Son Jesus Christ, and to be baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Those who do so constitute the Church, which is Christ’s body, and are indwelt by the Holy Spirit who empowers us to live for Christ and to serve him. All the gifts of the Spirit are available to us today and are given by the Spirit in accordance with his will (John 3:16; Acts 2:38; 1:8; 1 Corinthians 12:4-11, 28-31).
- The Lord Jesus Christ will come again. He will raise the dead and judge all people. The redeemed will enter into eternal life and those who have rejected Jesus will enter into eternal condemnation. God will establish a new heaven and new earth. We do not believe in a pre-tribulation rapture, but believe the second coming of Christ and the rapture of the Church are a single event that takes place at the end of the age (Matthew 24:29-31; Matthew 25:46; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18; 2 Timothy 4:1).
 For more information about why the pre-tribulation rapture view is incorrect, please see this teaching on YouTube: https://youtu.be/bNo1evJDqIQ