Publishing Beliefs & Values
Whilst authors are not required to share our beliefs, any book published by Sunesis Ministries Ltd must not contain content that contradicts the below beliefs and values:
Sunesis Ministries Ltd believes:
- That God is one being who exists in three persons: 1) God the Father, the Fountainhead of the Trinity; 2) the Son of God, Jesus Christ, eternally begotten of the Father; 3) the Holy Spirit, who emanates from the Father and the Son (Genesis 1:2; Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; John 1:1; John 16:13; John 20:28; Acts 5:3,4; Colossians 2:9)
- That the 66 books of the Bible is the Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16).
- That Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose again bodily on the third day (1 Corinthians 15:3-4). He died for our sins and was raised for our justification (Romans 4:25). He is now seated at the right hand of God the Father (Mark 16:19).
- That salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8). All who have put their faith in Jesus Christ are a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17). Jesus is the only way to God (John 14:6). Salvation can be lost if one departs from Christ (Romans 11:21-22)
- The Holy Spirit indwells every believer (John 20:22; Galatians 4:6)
- That every believer can enjoy an intimate relationship with God through Jesus Christ (John 17:3)
- That all who believe in Jesus are to be baptised in water in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).
- That the baptism with the Holy Spirit is a subsequent experience to the new birth, enabling the believer to be filled with the Holy Spirit. The reception of the baptism with the Holy Spirit is evidenced by speaking in tongues (Acts 1:5-8; Acts 2:1-4; Acts 8:14-17; Acts 10:44-46; Acts 19:1-6)
- That all the ministries and gifts of the Spirit mentioned in the New Testament are present in the church today (Romans 12:3-8; 1 Corinthians 12:7-11; Ephesians 4:11).
- Every believer can do the works of Christ (John 14:12). This includes sharing the gospel of the kingdom and healing the sick (Matthew 4:23; Luke 10:9).
- That it is God’s will to save, heal and prosper every person. Both healing and prosperity have been secured for the believer through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ (Isaiah 53:4-5; Matthew 8:17; 2 Corinthians 8:9; 3 John 2). It is not God’s will for His people to be sick.
- That when Jesus died, His soul went into Hades, and completely defeated the devil, taking from him the keys of Hades and of death. Jesus has all authority in heaven and on earth (Acts 2:27; Hebrews 2:14; Revelation 1:18; Matthew 28:18)
- That Christians are not under the Law of Moses, and are therefore not required to keep the Sabbath and the Old Testament feast days (Galatians 5:18; Colossians 2:16-17).
- That when Christians die, they pass immediately into the presence of Christ in heaven, and stay there until the day of the resurrection of their bodies. The saved will then forever dwell with the Lord. We also believe that when those who reject Christ die, they are consigned to hell (Hades), there to await the Day of Judgment when they shall be punished in the lake of fire with eternal, conscious and tormented separation from the presence of God. (Matt. 25:46; 1 Cor. 15:35–58; 2 Cor. 5:1–10; Phil. 1:19–26, 3:20–21; 2 Thess. 1:5–10; Rev. 20:11–15, 21:1–22:15)
- That biblical marriage is between a man and a woman, and that in this union the husband is the head and is to love his wife, and that the wife is to submit to and respect her husband (Ephesians 5:22-23)
- In the second coming of Jesus Christ. We do not believe in a pre-tribulation rapture of the church, but believe the rapture and second coming are a single event occurring at the end of the age. (Matthew 24:29-31; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).
- In the right of Israel to own all the land promised them in the Bible (Genesis 12:7).
Sunesis Ministries Ltd also will not publish any book that:
- Promotes anything that is sinful according to the Bible
- Is critical of named persons
- Is critical of churches / ministries
- Speaks against revivals and the work of the Holy Spirit
- Discriminates against women holding leadership positions in the church
- Denies the verbal and plenary inspiration of the Bible
- Contains profanity
Biographies that pertain to matters such as abuse or former lifestyles, and by necessity contain explicit content, will be considered provided their purpose is to promote a healthier lifestyle, and inspire readers to seek freedom from their past – leading to complete healing.
Please click here to return to our publishing information page.